Digital Privacy Salons are skill & knowledge sharing sessions which aim to teach people the basic ways of protecting themselves and their data from intrusive surveillance.
Generally the salons deal with how to have private conversations over instant messaging, how to encrypt emails, how to browse anonymously amongst other things.
It is very important that you leave the Privacy Salon with tools & knowledge you can use on a daily basis, and explain to your friends how to do it too. All the attendees should come with device(s) they want to install tools on.
- We’ll discuss why cryptography, anonymity and anti-tracking tools are important
- We’ll install online anonymity tools
- We’ll secure our communications
- We’ll make sure we can’t be easily tracked online
- We’ll have a drink and a chat
No prior technical expertise or knowledge is assumed, so ask away about anything.